UCH is working to secure support for fellows travel grants for the in-person September 2022 course. Fellows are welcome to register and apply for the grant in the meantime.  In the event a fellows grant is not awarded, you may cancel your registration for a full refund. More details are coming soon, so please check this website for updates.

Fellows Travel Grant Questions

What is the Fellow Travel Grant Program?

  • The RMIE Fellows Course is designed for PGY6 and PGY7 fellows and they will receive priority when the grants are distributed. PGY5 fellows will be on a waitlist until August 3, depending on the number of remaining grants available. Preference for travel scholarships will be for PGY6, PGY7 or international trainees.

  • A maximum of two fellows per institution may receive grants

  • As a fellow, you must be in an accredited ACGME-approved fellowship or ASGE-recognized Advanced Endoscopy fellowship

  • Grant applications will not be reviewed until applicants register for the course under the category “Fellow,” and the fellows grant application is completed via the application link provided in the registration confirmation email.

  • Grants will be awarded in the order in which completed applications are received. There are 58 grants available with 8 being international. Of the 58 fellow scholarships, 50 will be for USA ($1,250) and 8 will be international ($2,500).

  • If a grant is not awarded and you are unable to attend the course, you may cancel your registration and receive a refund.

  • The domestic travel grant value is $1,250 and is intended to assist with travel, lodging, and registration. Grants will be distributed following attendance at all three days of the conference (1-day Fellows' Course and 2-day Main Course).

  • You will be required to complete this registration process by paying with a credit card. If your grant application is accepted, your institution will reimburse you.

  • Receipt of a grant to attend the program is limited to first-time fellow attendees. If you have previously attended the program as a grant recipient, you are not eligible. You may register as a regular attendee and pay the associated fees.

If I received a grant previously, may I apply again?

 Receipt of a grant to attend the program is limited to first-time Fellow attendees.  If you have previously attended the program as a grant recipient, you are not eligible.  You may register as a regular attendee and pay the associated fees. 

How can I apply for the travel grant?

When you begin the registration process, select "fellow" as your registration type.  Once you complete the process by registering, paying the registration fees, and submitting all supplemental information and forms as outlined on the registration page, you will be considered for a travel grant.  You will be notified of your grant award status once all grant funding is secured. 

How do I receive the travel grant funds?

The grant monies will be paid directly to your institution as noted on the W-9 form you'll submit for the grant application.The grant is NOT paid to you as an individual.  You will then follow your institution's reimbursement policies to receive money back to cover you registration fees and/or travel costs.  

Who completes the W-9 form?

The Program Director fills out the W-9 on behalf of the institution (or they forward on to their Administrator who does this for them).

What kind of institution are we for the W-9 form?

The Program Director or Administrator will know this information for completing the W-9.


Who has my Tax ID for the W-9 form?

This information should be provided by your Program Director or Administrator.


We are not any of the types of institution listed on the W-9 form?

Please check "Other-Explain" and list the type of institution.


What address do I put on the W-9 form?

The address, name of institution, room/suite number and contact name should be where they want the travel grant check to be mailed. Many institutions have multiple addresses and departments, so this is critical.


Who signs the W-9 form?

The Administrator or person in accounting who handles these requests should sign the W-9.